November 19, 2018
This week, Jamie and I discussed gratitude - its impact on our spiritual, mental and physical health as well as our relationships. You can hear the clip here: Gratitude
1. Write down 3 things each day for which you are grateful.
2. Begin a habit of saying a “thank you,” even silently, for small gifts you notice – from a break in traffic to a birdsong!
3. Share your daily three gratitudes with another person: your spouse, an accountability partner, your child (as appropriate!!!)
4. Perhaps the gratitudes become a dinner ritual!
5. Families with smaller kids: during Thanksgiving week, have a lot of strips of construction paper available in a basket or dish. Each person can write – or draw – something for which they are grateful on the strips. Make them into a chain and use them to decorate part of the house for the Advent and Christmas seasons.